To ensure your website visitors have the best experience possible, you don’t need to be an expert in web design. In fact, there are simple steps you can take to make your site user-friendly. Here are ten tips to improve your website’s user experience.
Website User Experience: What Is It? When visitors come to your website, the overall feeling they get is what we call the user experience. This includes various factors, such as loading times, design, navigation and ease of finding what they’re looking for. A great user experience encourages people to spend more time on your site and return more often, building trust and leading to more conversions. To achieve this, you need to design your website with the users in mind.
Ten Ways to Improve Website User Experience
- Check Your Loading Times: Users expect instant access to websites and slow loading times can be frustrating. If you have large files like dense images, videos or motion graphics, it can slow down your site. Test your site’s loading times and if it takes too long, remove some of the larger files to speed it up.
- Track User Activity: You can use software like Crazy Egg to track user behaviour on your site. By knowing what parts of your site are the most popular, you can make sure those pages are user-friendly and up-to-date.
- Use Targeted Ads: While ads can help you earn revenue, they can be irritating if they’re not targeted. Use fewer, more targeted ads to keep your site uncluttered, fast-loading and more appealing to visitors. Google Adwords is a good platform to run targeted online ads.
- Use Images and Video Visual content: Using images and videos attracts attention to your site. Including topical images with your content can make it more engaging. Platforms like Getty Images and iStock have a vast selection of high-quality, royalty-free images that can help you create engaging visual content.
- Make It Easy to Connect With Social Media: By connecting your site to popular social media networks, visitors can share your content quickly and efficiently. The most popular social media platforms to connect with your site are Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, YouTube, and Pinterest. You should customise each profile to promote your brand’s look and feel and post content regularly to keep your followers engaged.
- Have a Navigable Menu: Break up your website’s information into different pages linked on an easy-to-navigate menu. For example, if you have a physical address, include a “Directions” page to help visitors find you quickly.
- Respond Quickly to Users: Users who email or leave comments on social media are giving you feedback. Let them know you value their input by responding promptly.
- Watch Your Metrics: Tracking your website’s metrics like bounce rate and time on page, can help you see what’s working and what needs to be improved.
- Use Interactive Content: Interactive content like quizzes, polls and surveys can increase engagement and encourage visitors to spend more time on your site.
- Be Mobile-Friendly: With more people accessing the internet on their phones, it’s crucial to ensure your site is mobile-friendly. Test your site’s mobile version and make sure it’s easy to navigate and loads quickly.
Follow these tips and you can improve your website’s user experience, encourage visitors to stay longer and boost conversions.
Take your business to the next level with a Popup.ie Website.